Monday, July 30, 2012

Home Sweet Home...with Pictures!

There is no place like home!


I am finally back home from vacation.  It was so fun, but it's good to be home.  


We flew out of Portland at 5:30 am Saturday morning, but didn't get home until after midnight Saturday night because of layovers, delays and the time difference.  


Since we had to be at the airport so early on Saturday, we didn't get a hotel room Friday night.  Instead we stayed out sightseeing as long as we could and then went to the airport and spent the night.  Just to let you know, you don't get much sleep in an airport!  :)


Needless to say, I was beyond exhausted Saturday night when I got home.  


I think I'm still suffering from jet lag.  Yesterday was a blur.  


Tomorrow, I'm back in the school groove!  I have so much to do, I'm starting to get nervous!!  :)


Before I go, I wanted to share some pictures with you.  I absolutely LOVE the west.  I'm very jealous of those of you who live in the Rockies.  They are amazing!


I've only posted a few so I'm doing you all a big favor because I took A TON of pictures....like over a couple thousand!!  I go crazy with my digital photos.  I think I'm a digital photo hoarder!  :)
This is Crater Lake in Oregon.  The water is sooo blue.  It's just beautiful.  And, yes that white stuff is snow!

Crater Lake Lodge where we stayed.  Our room was the manager's suite and was very nice.  

The only picture I got of the Washington state sign, my 48th state. 

Near Mount Baker in Washington.  This was taken July 23 and they were still plowing the roads.  The summit of Mount Baker got 6 inches of snow the night before this.  

San Juan Islands in Washington.  I LOVE the rocky coast.  

This is off Cape Flattery, the most northwestern point in the US.  Again, I LOVE the rocky coast.  

And these beautiful caves.  We never saw them, but could hear lots of bats inside.  

This is Rialto Beach.  I've not read the Twilight books, but there were all kinds of stores and signs advertising  the Twilight Series.  

Here is a tour bus at the beach.  We also went to Forks, Washington.  They were proud of their fame!  :)

Well, I'm off to finish my laundry and maybe take a nap.  I'm still so tired!  We drove thousands of miles around Oregon and Washington trying to do and see as much as we could in a week.  

I need to rest up for all the back to school fun I have to get ready for!!  

4 comments:

Heather said...

What amazing pictures!!

Heather (heathernnance@yahoo.com)

Barbara said...

LOVE your pictures. We were in Crater Lake a couple of years ago. Oregon is a very pretty State!

❀Barbara❀
Grade ONEderful
Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

Miss DeCarbo said...

Happy you had a great time - your pictures are beautiful! Although I'm even more happy to have you home!! :) Let the school fun begin. P.S. There is a tiny back to school gift waiting for you on your desk. Enjoy! :)

Sugar and Spice

Rachel Seymour said...

Barbara, Oregon and Washington were both beautiful states! :)

Christina, I LOVE my gift!! Thank you so much! :) I will post pictures after my room is done!

Rachel

Post a Comment