Thursday, March 20, 2014

Great Learning and Break Break Videos

I am not feeling well.  I have missed a couple days of school this week and I hate missing school.  I feel so guilty when I'm not there.  

However I have. absolutely. no. voice.  You cannot teach without a voice.  It was going on Monday, was gone by Tuesday and I haven't seen it since.  :(

I am hoping it comes back soon.  Really soon.  I miss it!  

Since I feel out of the loop with school I wanted to share some great videos I found with you.  I love to use brain break videos and my kiddos love them too.  They need them throughout the day.  

You can follow my Pinterest First Grade Video Board  by clicking *HERE*.  

This is a phonics video that has a lot of vowel teams which my kiddos need!

We are getting ready to start shapes and this video is a great review/introduction for shapes and solids.  I love their videos! 


This video is about pronouns.  I used it last year and even my boys were asking me to play it.  They love trying to sing it fast enough to keep up with the song.

We also LOVE our brain break videos:


My kiddos love this one! 

And, of course Mario is a hit too! 

My kiddos always get excited when we take a couple minutes to watch these videos...especially at the beginning and end of the year when they are extra wiggly!  

If you have any other favorite videos, please share!  I'm always looking for new ones!  

I'm going to go lay down and watch some basketball.  My bracket is already destroyed and the games just started.  So much for winning my billion dollars!

Hoping my voice is back tomorrow...fingers crossed!  

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Thank you! I hadn't seen some of these before. Take care of that voice.

❀ Tammy
Forever in First

Alicia said...

That phonics chant looks great! Thanks for sharing it.

Katie Holcomb said...

Hello!

I wanted to let you know about a Pinterest contest that Shaw Contract Group, a global commercial flooring company, is running through April 30. The contest, called Design Schooled, is open to teachers, who by pinning their “dream classroom,” will be entered to win a $25 gift card from donorschoose.org.

Link to more information about the contest: http://www.shawcontractgroup.com/designschooled

I would love it if you could help us spread the word! We aren't trying to sell anything - our purpose in holding the contest is to research what teachers see as good classroom design. The results of which, we will apply to our product development and share with those who are designing future classrooms. Hopefully, both the contest and the results will benefit the teachers who follow your blog.

Thanks so much for your help. Please feel free to reach out with any questions or comments you may have!

Post a Comment