Monday, April 1, 2013

April Fool's Joke and April Currently

Happy April Fool's Day!

I'm not an 'April Fool's Day' kinda gal, but today we had so much fun!  I got my kids soooo good!  

We have special right away in the morning and we always use the restroom on our way back to the classroom.  Well today after gym, I told them we weren't stopping to use the restroom.  Instead we went straight back to our classroom and I told them to put their heads down. 

I have never told them to do that so they were totally in shock!  I then 'reprimanded' them for not behaving this morning while waiting to come in the building.  We did a quick review of school rules and I gave them the "Did we forget how to behave over Spring Break?!?!" speech until I couldn't keep a straight face anymore.  

Then, I shouted April Fool's!!  

They started to get up so I had to say put your heads back down.  I told them the real reason they had to keep their heads down was because I had hidden Easter eggs in the room and I didn't want any peeking.  They were so excited!!  

They had to answer a first grade review question in order to find an egg.  It was a huge success...especially after the April Fool's joke!  

Now, on to Farley's April Currently!  


I loved hearing the birds this morning!  Spring is here!!  

We are the last nine weeks of school.  Woohoo!  :)

See joke above!  

I really need to get my report cards done...they're due Wednesday.  

I soooo need a pedicure so my toes look cute for my summer flip flops.  

Advice: Let the little things go...I need to work on this.  Some days are better than others.  I worry about too many things so I'm trying to let the little things go!

Now go link up with Farley and don't forget the rule of 3!!  

3 comments:

Jeannine said...

Hi Rachel! I just found your adorable blog! I'm with you on the little things. I tend to be a perfectionist and the little things are really hard to ignore! Hoping you have a great last nine weeks of school and all goes well with report cards!

Jeannine
Creative Lesson Cafe

Gina Coniglio said...

I love the April's Fool! Very funny! They were probably so relieved when you told them you were kidding. I must get report cards done. I always wait for the last minute! Glad to be following!
Gina
Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

Bren P. said...

Poor kids! That was a good one! haha Yay for cute nails and flip flops!

Bren P. @ The Teacher Diaries

Post a Comment