Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Penguins and Polar Bears

I really meant to post these pics a few weeks ago, but then life got in the way.  :(  Busy would be an understatement!


**Note- I actually typed this post last night, but fell asleep at my computer before I could load the pictures!  I've never felt so exhausted.  Spring break...where are you?!?!  :)

We used Erica Bohrer's Penguin Packet to learn about penguins.  We then used Hope King's Ultimate Winter Writing and Craft Bundle for the adorable penguin and polar bear crafts.  

We spent several weeks researching and learning about penguins and then we researched polar bears and compared them.  

My kiddos wrote their penguin facts using a graphic organizer first. For the polar bears we wrote our first draft, but then typed our final copies on the computer.  Trying to get in those technology skills any way we can!! :)

My kiddos typed their facts in a Word document and then they used google images to find a picture of a real polar bear to add to their 'report'.  They loved it and felt so grown up!  

Check out these cute pics!  







I will be back soon with more pics!  There is lots of learning going on in our classroom!  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment