Thursday, March 14, 2013

iPad and Smartboard

I have the greatest thing to tell you about using your iPad and Smart Board! 

I really love my iPad and my Smart Board as I'm sure you do too.  I use my Smart Board and iPad every day for Daily 5 and Daily 4.  Well, recently I told my kiddos that it would be great if I could use my Smart Board from my iPad at my small group table.  

So, I looked in the app store to see if that was possible and of course it was!  I immediately bought and downloaded the Smart Board app.  It was only $6.99.  Now I can use my iPad to control my Smart Board from my small group table in the back of my room!  

I am able to use my Smart Board from my iPad because I have an Apple TV.  I use Airplay to show what's on my iPad up on my Smart Board.  I'm lucky that my school has purchased several Apple TV's and I got one of them!  :)

There are some differences using the Smart Board on the iPad, but I've got it down pretty good now....I think!  

What's even better is that I have taught my kiddos to use my iPad to control my Smart Board!  

Give me a ten finger woohoo!!  :)  (whole brain teaching shout out)

Here are some screenshots from my iPad of Daily 4: 
This is how my kiddos make their choices during our Daily 4 Math time.  This is a Smart Board file opened on my iPad.  It's nothing fancy, but it works for us. I have all of my kiddos listed on the right of the screen.  I took their names off for this and added just 6 names of my friends!  :)
 I use my iPad to drag their names under their choices.  My small group kiddos go into the box on top.  



I have been doing this for awhile and I love it!  However, I was getting annoyed spending so much time dragging their names and helping them decide where to go when I could be working with kids so I decided to teach some of my kiddos how to move everyone into their choices.  It gives me a few more minutes to work with my kiddos and they love getting to be the 'teacher'.  
This is Round 2 of Daily 4.  I change the colors of the background so my kiddos know it's the next round.

Just in case you're wondering the Math by Myself games are in different colored folders so I just put the color on there.  I got those games from Hope King and they are amazing!!  I have every month so they last me all year.  

I also change my Math with Someone games every month.  I rotate through different math games reviewing skills we have learned throughout the year.  Many of the games I use I have shared in one of my Fantabulous Friday Freebie posts.  

Math on the Computer also changes.  We practice math facts and play different math games.  The numbers are on there because I have four computers and they are numbered so that the kiddos know exactly which computer they go to.  

I have the same routine for Daily 5 too.  

I love our Daily 4 time too though.  Working with my small groups has really helped my kiddos improve their math skills.  I get more time to work with my struggling students and my kiddos love playing the games which helps them practice their skills.  

I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready for the weekend.  Happy Friday tomorrow!!  :)

5 comments:

The Brown-Bag Teacher said...

Wow! I had no idea there was a SmartBoard app. Cannot wait to check it out tomorrow. Thanks for sharing. :)

Catherine
The Brown-Bag Teacher

Miss DeCarbo said...

On my over to the App store to purchase - Thanks girl! :)

Sugar and Spice

Lara Gargett said...

For Engineering students, it gets a bit difficult to even make time to content an online assignment help providing company for Engineering assignment help. Which is why, we, at Online Assignment Expert have extended our assignment help services which only exist in order to make it more convenient for the nursing students to fetch assignment solutions from an online assignment help company. Therefore, in order to avail our nursing assignment help offering no plagiarism, Free Turnitin, Partial Payment, Unlimited Revisions, etc. You can contact our team of highly professional, experienced, PhD experts to avail the discounted services!

bretl460 said...

Need university assignment help singapore ? Hire Phd Qualified Writers in Singapore at Affordable Prices.

Stringer Bell said...

Searching for construction project management assignment help? Get the academic writing help from Expert Australian Writers

Post a Comment