Friday, December 21, 2012

Reindeer, Ornaments, and a Winter Sale

It's here!  I'm finally on Christmas break!  Woohoo!!  :)

My kiddos were great this week considering everything going on, but it is nice to know that I can stay up late and sleep in for two whole weeks.   

I'm waiting on my hubby to go finish up our Christmas shopping.  I can't believe we have to go out tonight with all the craziness and the weather, but I'd rather do it tonight than tomorrow.  

While I'm waiting I wanted to show you my day in pictures:

These reindeer came from Just Wild About Teaching and my kiddos loved them!  The reindeer facts page came from my Night Before Christmas Activity Pack.  



 These are the quick, made up on the fly cute ornaments we made to send home as gifts today.  I saw something similar on Pinterest, but realized I didn't have the poms to decorate it as they did so I used glitter.  I also wanted to add their picture so we put them on the trunks with the year.  That's okay for first grade, right?  Parents love anything their kiddos make...at least that's what I keep telling myself!  :)


I got several gifts today from my kiddos, but this one I had to share with you.  The little boy that gave me this silverware could not be any cuter.  He is absolutely adorable and is so kind and sweet.  Well, earlier this week we were working on our Christmas present writings that I posted about a couple days ago.  I was trying to give them ideas of what to write about without them wanting to copy my idea so I told them a story.  I call my husband 'Hubby Bubby' and my kids think that is hilarious.  Well, Hubby Bubby has lost some of my forks and now when we sit down to dinner it sometimes takes us awhile to find enough forks to eat with so I told my kiddos that I needed new silverware for Christmas.  This sweet little boy obviously told his mom that so today I received two packages of silverware in our school colors.  It's such a thoughtful gift.  I emailed his mom after school and told her I loved them!  :)  

I think I am going to give them to Hubby Bubby and tell him that those are the only forks he can use!  :)

Don't forget about the Welcome Winter Sale!  My TpT store and lots of others are throwing a 20% off sale this weekend.  

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!  

I'm off to finish shopping and then Hubby Bubby and I are going out to dinner thanks to some wonderful parents who gave me some gift cards today!  :)

1 comments:

Christy said...

I love your gift story. PRECIOUS!!!..My silverware seems to be missing too. They say the dryer seems to eat socks. I wonder what eats forks?...
Christy
Mrs. Christy’s Leaping Loopers

Post a Comment