Sunday, August 19, 2012

Name Tags by Velcro

Tomorrow is my first official day back to school!  I have no idea where my summer went!!!  :)

We have meetings tomorrow and then our parent meet and greet.  I can't wait to see my new cuties.  I have some goodies for them on their desks ready to go!   

I've been so busy getting my room ready.  I was working on my name tags the other day and I thought I would share with you how I do them.  I started doing this several years ago and I love it.  

Instead of taping my name tags to my desks, I use Velcro.  I buy it in strips and cut it in little squares, a little less than an inch.  Then I put 2 of the soft sides on the back of the name tag and attach two of the rough pieces.  The back of the Velcro is sticky so once I have both pieces on the name tag I attach it to the desk where I want it.    
Here is a picture:
You can see the size Velcro pieces I use.  

The reason I do this is because I teach first grade and I move my kiddo's seats A LOT!  They tend to get too comfortable with their neighbor and get chatty or they don't get along with their neighbor, or they copy everything their neighbor writes.  Kiddos need to keep moving.  

By using Velcro it is *REALLY* easy for me to grab a couple name tags and move them.  I put their name tags on the desks where I want them to move and then they take everything out of their desks and go.  This is really two fold because it's easier for me and it forces my kiddos to clean their desks.  Yes we have desks for our first graders, not tables.  

This is what their name tags look like from the front.  I got them at Teacher's Clubhouse.  Aren't they cute?!

So, there's my back to school tip!  I replaced all of the Velcro on the desks this summer.  I've used the same Velcro for the last 3 years and I thought this year it needed replaced.  It easily comes off with a little Goo Gone.  

One more thing before I go- I have recently received 2 wonderful packs from a couple of my fellow TpT friends.  I'm going to be sharing them in the next couple of days so make sure to come back and visit!  You won't want to miss them!!  

I'm also getting *REALLY* close to having 300 followers...you know what that means!!!  A giveaway!!  :)  It's going to be a big, easy giveaway so you will definitely want to come back and check that out! :)  It will be great for back to school time.....hint, hint.  

Good luck to the rest of you that are heading back to school this week!  

3 comments:

Miss Nelson said...

Love Velcro! Have a great first week.

Mrs. Cupcake said...

Hmmm! I never thought of velcro, because I move the WHOLE desk when they get too comfortable! You make them empty out?! I like it!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Rachel Seymour said...

Teri- I rearrange all of my desks every couple of weeks, but the Velcro comes in handy with the few kiddos who need to move more often...or my messy boys who need to move in order to clean their desks!

This way I can move a few name tags and then continue to teach or work with other kiddos while they're moving. It works great! :)

Rachel

Post a Comment