Monday, August 6, 2012

My First Currently and HoF Game Pics

I linked up with Oh' Boy Fourth Grade for my first Currently!


*postcards to mail my kiddos- I always mail postcards to my kiddos a few days before school starts.  In an effort to help them not be nervous or scared, I send them a postcard promising a gift on their desk on the first day of school!  

*ink cartridges- I ALWAYS need ink at the beginning of the school year.  I go through so much of it at home!!  

*Velcro for name tags- I decided a few years ago to try this and I LOVE it!  I switch my kiddos' seats quite often so it's easy for me to just grab a name tag and place it on a new desk.  Then, I tell the kids to take everything out of their desks and move.  I get tired of moving desks, so this works very well for me.  I rearrange my room every few weeks, but sometimes first graders become too friendly with their neighbors and need to  move more often than that!  :)

This is not school related at all, but I went to the Hall of Fame football game on Sunday between the Saints and Cardinals!  My parents have had tickets since before I was born.  I haven't gone in a few years, but I went this year because my high school Alma Mater played during the half time show.  I know...I'm a dork, but I was still kinda excited!  :)

Here's a couple pics:
photo.JPG
Kickoff

photo.JPG
Half-Time Show with Fireworks

Sorry they're blurry.  They're from my iPhone.  That's another thing I am completely in love with.  I really LOVE my iPhone!!  :)

I'm off to read more Currentlys!!  

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I have WAY TOO MUCH stuff to do before school starts, too! :) I guess we are all in the same boat.

I found your blog through Farley's currently link up. After it took me 1476 days to figure out how to make my own currently! :)

Speaking of velcro-I was working in my classroom today and putting velcro on back of my maps. Ran out so I got some more from a drawer thinking this was going to be even better because it was loooong strips. Well, no sticky adhesive backing! It was actual SEWING velcro! :)

Shannon
http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

luckeyfrog said...

The HoF game sounds like fun! I would've loved to go anyway, but seeing your alma mater... Well, I'd my old band was playing, I would SO be there!

Jenny

Post a Comment