That led to using tissues. Now, if you don’t already know let me tell you how many tissues a first grade classroom goes through in a year…..A LOT!!!! J
So, the tissue erasers didn't really work either. It was quite a waste, and it also took quite a bit of time to get them passed out.
This led to my next idea which is what I want to share with you. I found a pack of washcloths at Walmart for $4.00. When I saw them it occurred to me immediately that they would make great erasers.
So, I cut them up into fours. This gave me plenty of extra in case they got lost, ruined, lost, new students moved in, or lost….get my point?!
I don't know why these are upside down. I guess it doesn't really matter.
They look the same, but it still bugs me!!
Now, I will tell you that they do fray on the ends that are cut. So they’re not perfect. But the important thing is they work and they are cheap and they lasted all year. These important things won me over.
These pictures are from the package I have bought for this year. I still have some left over from last year, but I always make extra.
Just thought I would share this little tip with you in case you need erasers. I wish I had thought of it 3 years ago and saved lots of tissues. :)
I spent 13 hours working in my classroom today so I am exhausted!! My mom came and helped me and then my hubby came. It was wonderful! And my room is starting to look soooo cute!!
Tomorrow is my *birthday* so I'm going to go shopping and then out to dinner to one of my favorite restaurants...birthday girl gets to pick!! :)